Printed wide legs pants

I went to Minato mirai yesterday with the family. It was such a nice day. We picnicked in front of the Nippon Maru while a band of high schoolers played some nice music. After lunch we took a walk around Minato mirai and up to Rinko park. I am always amazed at how beautiful Minato mirai is. Every time I go there, I find something different to look at.
Anyway, while walking, I had the chance to take a good look at trendy ladies on the street. And I noticed something quite interesting, a new trend: printed wide legs pants.

Some 15 years ago, wide leg pants were very trendy. But it took me a while to get into that trend because it implied having to wear the pants with a bloused tucked in. And some 15 years ago, I had such a complex over my big bottom that I would never expose it. Needless to say that the wide leg pants was a trend I liked on other people more than myself.
The trend seems to be back. I do not know how many I saw yesterday but I saw a lot of them pretty much styled the same way, a la bohemian: a floppy hat, dolman or cropped lace top, and platform shoes (or wedges).



Pants available at http://www.galstar.jp/ for Y3000



Pants available at http://k-growth.com for Y 3680


You can get these pants online or at any Gyaru shop such as the ones in Shibuya 109.

I am not sure I am into printed wide legs pants. I think that the largeness of the pants combined with the business of the print may be too much for my big self. On petite Japanese girls, they are wonderful. If I find a pants my size, I may try it for the hell of it. But I am sure you will not see me sporting these anytime soon. I would rather wear a maxi dress.

What do you think of the trend?

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes