Abidjan - Final days

 Hi Everyone!

You might say that the only thing I did in Abidjan was shopping. And you might be right. On the final day in the city, I went to Plateau to check this boutique a friend of mine told me about. She wanted me to purchase a bag for her. I indulged because the bags looked pretty and I wanted a piece myself. I took a Yango to Plateau and exited near the Mosque. I walked around a bit, admiring the big buildings, the greenery and the effervecense of the city. The boutique was big, located right before a building called Pyramid. I looked at the bags on display but did not see the one my friend wanted. They were beautiful but when the shop clerck told me about the prices I was shook. They were really nice but not worth the price for me and for my friend. 



The Plateau Mosque entrance


La Pyramide building


Some street art


Bags at Makeda Boutique 

I left and headed to Noom hotel on foot since it was not so far from the boutique. Noom hotel was a place I wanted to see ever since I arrived in Abidjan. I am a sucker for hotels and this one was right on my alley. I went to the 7th floor to try the Boulevard restaurant lunch buffet. The place had a view of the Lagune that was to die for. Sadly the buffet was not up to par. I did enjoy eating some desert. I also took pictures and videos of the view and realized that there was a small bar where they served food near the pool. I could have had a cheaper lunch there while directly enjoying the view. But I guess that will be for next time. Before leaving the hotel, I checked their boutique downstairs and saw this bag I coveted on Instagram. The price was steep but it was to be expected for a hotel boutique. I may or may not DIY it once I go back home. I already have all the necessary goods.  


View from the restaurant




The view from Noom hotel 


The Boutique Hotel at Noom

After Noom, I returned to Treichville market. This time the market was bustling with activities. I bought more Baoule jewelry, some souvenirs for my colleagues, a jumpsuit in local fabric and some fancy turbans. I was tempted by some masks for my future house but I was worried about the extra kilos, my suitcases were already full at this point.  I had an interesting discussion with the owner of those masks about their origins. Sadly I run out of money and could not take some extra from the ATM. I had barely enough for the taxi back home. 


Treichville Market


A huge fan for Home decor 






Speaking of, the driver took some back roads and drove all around the city. I did not mind as I was not pressed for time. He drove around Cocody in some fancy area with huge houses with lawns and parks, but he also drove in Akouedo with smaller locals houses and busy markets. The contrast between the two was astonishing. I really enjoyed the ride that last more than an hour. It gave me another facet of this beautiful city. After resting a bit, I packed all of my belongings. I reheated the left over Sauce graine for diner. And I watched Netflix until late at night.



The following day I woke up early.  I cook breakfast with eggs and salmon. Then I took a shower and packed the rest of my belongings. I decided to call a Yango at 9 AM even though my plane was scheduled for 12:40. I was not sure how crazy traffic would be in the morning. Thankfully for me, there was not a lot of traffic. I was at the airport by 10 AM. I checked in smoothly but had to pay extra because I had 43kg of luggage instead of 40. I paid 7500 for the extra. Then I passed immigration without a glitch. I bought chocolate for the kids at the duty free shop then had a snack at the coffee shop. Soon it was time to board the trip back home and end my journey in Abidjan.

On the way to the airport

Waiting to board

I really had a great time discovering Abidjan. It was one of the best trip I did in recent years. However there are things I wished I did differently. I needed to plan better and not go spur of the moment. I regreted not visiting Grand Bassam or Assainie. I also think that for an Airbnb, I could have chosen an area closer to all the things I wanted to see such as Cocody. I passed by this area several times during my stay and I really like it. I am definitly going back to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire. I am not sure when but God willing my second trip will be much better. 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes