End of Summer in Saly

 Hi there!

This Summer, before the boys returned home at the end of their month with me, I took them out of the city. We went to Saly yet again but this time we stayed at Saly Niakhniakhal in a B&B called le Clos des Papillons. You can read my review of the place here.

The entrance to Le Clos de Papillon

All we did in Saly was stay in bed to read or watch Law and Order, go to the pool and eat. We did manage to go out almost everyday to eat out and I discovered a new restaurant that I really enjoyed called Iroko beach. It is located not far from Saly center outside a former hotel called Crystallines. The seating is right in front of the sea so we could enjoy the breeze. The menu is not so diverse. The boys ordered burgers with fries (cheeseburger with beef bacon and, chicken burger ). I had Fajitas and as appetizers we had some Nachos. The food was aboslutely exquisite. The burgers might be the most expensive burgers I have ever bought but they were huge and tasted good. My Fajitas that I had to compose myself reminded me a bit of my time back in Houston. The only issue were the flies, which surrounded us as soon as the food arrived. Other than that we spent a quiet afternoon eating there. They even have transats where you can lounge. I would definitly go back. 



Nachos




Gauffres

Apart from Iroko beach, we also went to eat at Safari beach. The first time we  wanted to go eat to Iroko Beach, we arrived at 4:30, after lunch service was over. Therefore they recommended us to go try Safari beach next door. The place is nice and more elaborated since it is a hotel. It was also packed with people going to the pool or the beach. The boys had pizza and I ordered a seafood platter with Athieke and Alloko (plantains). My seafood was bland. I had to squeeze lemon and sprinkle salt into it. Plus it was tiny for the price. The boys' pizza were better. As dessert, I had a Dame Blanche (White Lady) which is a three scoops of ice cream, vanilla and chocolate with a ton of whipped cream. My youngest wondered why it was not called Dame Noire (Black lady) instead. He had a caramel flan and the other ordered a lemon ice cream. The ambiance was good, the food meh and the price, too expensive. 


Pizza


Seafood platter


Dame Blanche


Satin scarf - thrifted
Linen shirt - Numero Uno
Pants - Center point Dubai
Bag - Finezza
Sandals - Maraz


Our final restaurant experience is always a favorite of mine: Jomo Beach. Every time I go to Saly with the boys, I have to go there. The food is good, affordable and service not too bad. That day, I was craving pasta so I had seafood pasta. The boys had sauteed garlic shrimps and grilled sole. We also ordered chicken nuggets and Alloko as appetizers. 


Seafood pasta


Sauteed shrimps


Grilled sole


Chicken nuggets and Alloko


Happy boys

We also ordered food at other venues such as Lunch DKR and Brasil Burger to eat at the hotel or on the way back home. 

We did manage to take a stroll in Saly center. We went to the huge Carrefour they had where I got the chance to purchase things I needed but never could find in Dakar. I also visited the Auchan near our B&B at least twice to get juice and snacks for the boys. 


Books at Saly Carrefour

Furthermore, I had the opportunity to check this cute store where the owner was making clothes on the spot. Her clothes were so my style such as maxi dresses, mumus and co-ord in beautiful prints. I felt so envious of her being able to have her own shop somewhere with many foot traffic. Someday I will do the same INSHALLAH.


Near Iroko beach restaurant


The boys enjoying the pool at Le Clos des Papillons.



Sunset

We had fun, lots of fun. But what I liked the most was the peace and quiet. On the way home, as soon as we entered Dakar, I began to have a headache. I love this city, but sometimes it is very necessary to leave it. When shall I return to Saly? Stay tune!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes