Pool Time

 Hello hello

For the last few years, my Summers have been divided into two parts: one part dedicated to my boys when they spend an entire month (and sometimes more) with me; and another part when they are with their Dad. When the boys spend time at my house, I always try to make the best of it. We often get out of the city, rent a super peaceful house with a pool and wi-fi. Furthermore, we do activities they like inside this city, like going to the movies, the park, or the pool.


Sunhat - La Surprise
Shirt - Numero Uno
Pants - Gracias Boutique 
Sandals  - Maraz
Bag - Numero Uno 

The other day, I decided to take them to the pool at the Novotel.  We stopped by Le Taouk first to have a bite. My friend told me about this place when we were in Dubai and I had to try it out since I am such a lebanese food lover. Unfortunately, she forgot to mention that the place was not really for dining in. For starters, it is a bit small with not so many chairs and tables. But also, it is scorching hot as there were no AC. We ordered Rakakat, Chawarma and Lah majun manaiche with cheese. I found the Rakakat which were crispy cheese rolls to be salty but my Lah majun was nice enough. I regretted not taking the half grilled chicken my friend recommended. But it will be for next time. 


Shawarma (wrapped) and Rakakat


Lah majun

After lunch, we walked to the Novotel. The boys could enjoy the pool while I sat in the garden and read my book. The pool was not packed but it was a bit hot according to the boys. There were not many parasols to shield us from the sun, that is why I sat a bit further away in the canopy next to the bar. There was a strange man, apparently drunk, lurking around, buying drinks for some women, and even touching them. He was also throwing stuff inside the pool until the security guard came to ask him to stop. But other than that, it was a pleasant afternoon. 


I remember a time when most of the hotel pools in Dakar were affordable. With only 7000 Xof ($13 or 11€) you could spend an entire day at the pool. Add a few thousands, and you could even eat. But now, most of those hotels have increased their rates, sometimes tripling it. I reckon that my boys are no longer considered children, so I understand paying more. Nevertheless, I do not approve of this inflation of rates. Soon, none of us would be able to go out to pools. And do not even get me started on brunches and dining out. This city is getting more and more expensive every passing year. And nothing can justify these prices. I felt it even more after a week in Dubai; if I compare, the prices are even cheaper in some venues over there. I get that comparison is not reason but I have to admit that I do not understand why Dakar is one of the most expensive city in Africa at the moment. 

But I digress, after two hours swimming in the pool, the boys were tired and wanted some water. Since a bottle of water was costly at the hotel,  (I bought one liter at 2500 Xof earlier), we headed to Coffee Loft for some snacks. This is another favorite spot in the city where the prices are somewhat reasonable. We ordered donuts and ice coffe, tea and water. 



Cauri earrings - do not remember where I got them from 

I did spend a lot in one day but for the boys it was totally worth it. It came at a good time, because I was stuck in the house for three days, suffering from what looked like the beginning of the flu. And ever since the boys came over, we have barely gone out except for the Baptism party of their cousins. So I owe it to them to take them out. 

As for the OOTD, I had to go with these linen pants. It was so hot in Dakar lately that I did not want to wear clothes at all. I usually go for maxi dresses in Summer but linen pants are also a great alternative. I bought two pairs from this shop in Point E. I think they will be in heavy rotation until the temperature drops. 

Not picture here is the bra I bought in Dubai. It is super soft, and has no wire. It is so comfortable. I actually regret not buying more like it. I cannot stand wearing a bra in this heat let along a bra with a wire. It is just too much to bear. When it is hot, the less I have on my body, the better I feel. What about you? 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes