Love Language

 What is your love language?

What is a love language? It is a way of expressing and receiving love. It is the way you communicate with your partner. There are as many love languages as people as we are all different and want and need different things. 


Scarf - Sinniature
Dress & sandals - Thrifted
Tank - gifted
Watch - Xalam (borrowed)
Earrings - Numero Uno 

I have been thinking about my love language a lot recently. I had to rely heavily on my past experiences. I realized that nobody I have ever been with loved me the way I wanted to be loved. I am not sure if it is because I could not communicate what I wanted or because I was in relationships with emotionally unavailable men? Maybe both. But I am not going to bash my past relationships. Instead, I am beating myself up because I have noticed that I tend to do this one thing on repeat when I am involved with someone. And that is "to front". I never really say how I feel. It is becoming such a bad habit. For some reason, I have the feeling that if I show my true colors, I would be taken for granted. Funnily, I still end up being taken for granted. I would never admit to someone to being in love unless they say it first. I would pretend to be ok to be away from them when I am such a clingy person. I would not show that I am jealous and possessive and instead pretend to be a cool girl. The thing I say the most when in a relatshionship is "it is fine" when it is not. I supress my own emotions and for what? 

For a moment, I did want a change. But I was told that men were trash, that the more you show them how you feel, the worse they will treat you. And I have seen it around me so many times, that I have started to believe it. Therefore I am sure that if ever I am to fall in love again (which, frankly, is not part of the plan), that poor man will never recognize it. 


But let us go back to what I think is my love language(s). 

Please do what you promise me to do. 

It does not matter how small it is. If you say you are going to buy me chocolate fondant, do it. If you say you are going to call me, call me. I do not need excuses. I hate it so much when someone does not keep his promises in general but coming from someone I love, it is worse. Specially when I did not ask for it. Specially when you are the one who offered unprovoked. 

Tell me you love me

Like that song "Say you love me", just say it. Even if I will probably roll my eyes at you, even if I might laugh out loud and probably not say it back. Just say it. A girl needs to hear it.

Touch me

Hug me, kiss me, hold me, spoon me, lift me, even a pat on my butt can do. I cannot stand people who are not affectionate. And a hug can go a long way into changing someone's mood, someone's day. And do not even get me started on bedroom activities. You need to show your love by showing affection. This is very interesting because usually I do not like being touched. I guess all it takes is just the right person.

Leave me be

I am clingy but sometimes I want my space. If I show you that I need space to breathe, let me be. I will come back to you as soon as I recharge.

Claim me

Show the entire world that I am yours. There is no need to hide me. And if you do it will only make me feel like I am not entirely yours. 


No! I am not pregnant. It just the wind!

Protect me

I am not fragile and I can take care of myself most times. I can fight my own battles. But nothing stops you from stepping in and taking care of me, protecting me against the world out there.

Feed me

I love food so much and would crush hard on anyone who feeds me unprovoked. I am easy I know. 

Push me to do better, to be better

A great partner is someone who tells it like it is but is also encouraging. Someone who pushes me to be better, to get out of my comfort zone but also who is my biggest cheerleader. Because if I do not have your support, what do I need you for?  

Love and like my family and friends

We often underestimate how important it is for your partner to love, like and treat your family right. I want them to have endless friendly discussions with my parents, hang out with my brothers, help take care of my boys, and even gang up on me with them. I want them to have a complicity with my friends. 


I think that is about it when it comes to my Love Languages. Surely if I am to fall again for someone, I might discover some new ones. What about you? What are your Love Languages? 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes