Game night (La Maison du Burger review)

Bonjour!

How y'all doing?

Today I am writing about a new place I discovered recently. It is a restaurant called "La Maison du Burger" which translate to "The House of the Burger". As the name indicates, it is a restaurant that serves burgers. It is located less than 10 minutes walk from my house, which is very convenient. It is a family run business. 


Scarf - Thrifted
Tank top & Kimono - Gift
Jeans - Thrift
Sandals - Sandaga market 

The place itself is not too big but it is nicely decorated in vibrant colors. There is also an outdoor seating area in the back. The speciality of the place are burgers, but they are a bit different from your usual. They add interesting ingredients such as cheese, apple, vegetable confit. It makes for a delicious burger. As for the meat, there are a variety you can choose from: chicken, beef, and even lamb. 


Playing Uno

The first time I went there, it was raining heavily so we just did take away. But this time I wanted the kids to enjoy the experience. We were the only customers when we arrived at 8:30 PM. We were greeted and seated. While we waited for my brother and his family to arrive, our host invited us to use the games the restaurant had. We played a game of UNO, and it was interesting. Other customers arrived and were seated outside in the garden so we had the entire restaurant to ourselves. When my brother finally arrived, we ordered.

The Conquerant Burger with Waffle

I had "The Conquerant Burger" with chicken, roasted apple, Camembert cheese and tomato confit. They did not have enough burger buns so I had my burger with waffles instead. You can choose to have just a burger or to have the menu that comes with local juice and fries. We all had the menu. While we waited for our order to come, we played Scrabble. The order took sometime because let us be real, this is not a fast food joint. But it was worth the wait. My burger was really tasty. I was delightfully surprised by the taste of the apple. I was expected it to be sweet but that was not the case. We ate all while continuing our game of Scrabble. My kids devoured their burgers. Still one of them found the cheese to be overpowering. If you are not an amateur of smelly cheese, I suggest you pass on those burgers. But if you are, it could be heaven on earth. 


The Scrabble game, for some reasons it started really "Steamy". Well we had to play with the words we had!





My Babies enjoying their meals




Sequin fanny pack - Numero Uno 

After the food, we ordered dessert: chocolate fondant and apple sorbet. The desert which is homemade also took time to come so I suggest you place your order at the same time of the burgers. While we waited, we had a chat with one of the owner. He is a life coach and he explained the concept of the enneagrams, which was written all over the wall. He was trying to dissect my brother's character and he was on point. 



Enneagram - If you must know I have decided that I was "The Romantic"


Chocolate Fondant 

Our dessert finally arrived and they were good. My fondant was still hot but perfectly melting. The apple sorbet was refreshing. Overall, we enjoyed our meal there. It was a perfect family game night but instead of being at home, we were at a home away from home. The damage to our wallets were not extensive as well. It was a good value for the meal. A menu with a burger, fries, and a local drink cost 5000 FCFA, and the dessert was on average of 2000 FCFA. 

I think I will patronize this place more often. I have to try all of their burgers and decide which one is my favorite. My only regret is that they do not offer breakfast, or coffee like small cafes. I could see myself spending time there just reading for hours. 

For more on the restaurant, go to their instagram page here

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes