Plaid dream

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all doing wonderful.

I am having a gingham and/or plaid moment right now. Lately I have been drawn to everything plaid and gingham. I even made an entire collection on it that I have yet to market. But I am thinking that this is not a phase because I have been liking gingham for quite some time now. I even bought a yellow and white gingham skirt last year. Maybe I like gingham so much because it reminds me of my elementary school uniform, which was in blue and white. And my love for plaid dates back to that Scottish plaid pleated skirt my parents got me when I was six. 

Anyway here is a simple look I made centered around a plaid top I recently purchased. 


Plaid top - Zara and altered
Jeans - Numero Uno
Sandals - Sandaga market
Bag - Class
Earrings - DIY

I bought this top without trying it on. Due to the pandemic, many stores do not allow clients to try on the clothes. Unfortunately for me, the sleeves of the top were too tight for comfort. I could pull it off but I am not a big fan of clothing that lack comfort. As a solution, I bought some chiffon and asked my tailor to alter the top. Now the sleeves gives a totally different vibes to this otherwise basic top.
The back of the top is also very flirty with ties. I was not going to wear it like that so I added a white tank underneath it all. 




I completed the look with this beautiful basket bag I recently purchased. I wanted a basket bag that was small enough for quite some time. I wanted to thrift it but with this pandemic, thrift markets are rarely open or safe. I was lucky enough to find this one at a shoe shop I patronize in the city. However, I would like to see if some of our local artisans can make something similar. 




The earrings are silver hoop earrings that had become tern. I added some beads with the help of some wires and voila. This is the second pair of tern earrings I bring back to life. See the first here


This is such a fun look I could see myself rocking on weekends. But do we really have weekends now that we are still semi - confined?

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes