Back to work (featuring a grey dress)

Hello everyone!
How are you doing? I hope you are not letting this disease take over your life.

I am doing fine all things considered. I have recently gone back to work. Since March, we have been assigned to work from home. It was quite the task and I needed to go to the office from time to time just to check on some files. But since July I have been back. It is still not permanent because we are doing shifts. I go every other two days at the office, and I also have meetings outside. I actually do not mind going back to work because I recently discovered that working from home is a scam. We are told to respect the same hours as the office, but you often find yourself answering a work email at midnight on a Saturday. And do not get me started on entitled bosses who think they can reach you 24/7 just because they have access to your Whatsapp  number. 


Scarf - borrowed from my Mom
Blazer - old, bought in Seoul in 2002
Dress - HLM market
Belt - Sandaga market
Shoes - H&M via Facebook Shop Point Mode

Anyway, I thought I would show you one of my favorite work (event) wear. This is my work event dress. You know the dress you pick whenever you have an event at work. We do not have an official dress code at work but we have to be semi formal on the regular. I do wear jeans and tee to the office at least once a week when I can no longer bother to be put together, usually on Wednesdays or Thursday. However, when we have a work event such as conferences, I try to dress up. I usually wear a deconstructed suit such as a colorful blazer, a white blouse and dark pants or pencil skirts with pumps.  If it is on Fridays, I wear Senegalese traditional attire. But recently I have been favoring this dress.  


 
It is an A line shaped midi dress with godet at the bottom part. The collar comes with a bow. I like it because it is a conservative dress with fun details. The dress has short sleeves so I always wear it with a dark blazer. This one here is the oldest I own. It is getting tighter but I still enjoy it a lot. 

I finished the look with a belt and some pointed toe flats. I always run around during work events, trying to coordinate a million things at once. Therefore wearing heels is a big faux pas. This pair has beautiful scalloped details. The only problem is that the suede fabric is kind of hard to keep clean in this dusty city. Yet it is still one of my go to shoes.  

I wore this look again but with different accessories for another event outside of the office. Here are the pictures below. 


Here with one of my favorite TV announcer/host


Posing at the commander's seat inside the boat that takes you to Goree Island

I think it is important for every working woman to have at least two or three go-to dresses for work events. If you do not favor dresses, you can always opt for suits. Senegalese women tend to prefer Senegalese traditional attire. I find them really nice but most of them are cumbersome. It is often hard to move around when you wear them. That is why most of my Senegalese attire are easy to wear dresses or top and skirt ensemble. I have to look good and appear professional but never compromise on comfort. What is your go to work wear event dress?

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes