Love is blind?

February is love month they say! Valentine's day came and went. I spent it with my computer watching something on Netflix, I do not even remember what. I had zero dates, actually I had -0 dates because my love life in non-existent at this point.


Peplum top - Thrifted
Layered skirt - Thrifted
Shoes - Class
Accessories - Petersen market
Glasses - Optic Ponty

But enough about me. Speaking of Netflix, I took a chance on a reality show called "Love is blind" recently. I was cleaning out my closet and wanted something mindless to watch at the same time. I settled on the show absolutely certain that it would be stupid and non-threatening. Oh how wrong was I!
By episode two I was already hooked. At episode three, I started to tear up a little. And now that I have watched both parts, I can hardly wait for next week to watch what I suppose is the final part.  


I do not want to spoil the show for those who have not seen it yet. Let us just say that it is a "social experiment" where people are to chose their future partner without even seeing them. Then once they are "engaged" they go on to live life as partners until the wedding, doing all the stuff normal couples would, except that their weddings is set for a month after the beginning of the experiment. 

I think one of the main reasons why the show is so addictive is that I want to see if couples will make it or fail. I have placed bets on some of them never making it. Furthermore, it is interesting to see how people act towards each other. As a divorcee, it is always fascinating to look at other couples around me, mostly to figure out where did I failed in my marriage.  But more than that, I am intrigued by human beings, how they think and react. This show (real or scripted) shows you a range of human behavior, some shocking, some totally understandable. It is very frustrating as well to the point where you are screaming at some stranger at the TV. It actually manages to get you invested in the couples' stories whether you find it dumb or not. 

The other intriguing thing on this show is how men act. Some of them are the perfect gentlemen: caring, patient, devoted, understanding, calm. Lately, all I see around me on TV or the streets are egotistical, arrogant, sexist, violent men. The behavior of some of the men on the show is quite shocking to me. Do not get me wrong, I know there are some good men out there. It is just so rare to see on TV these days. Or maybe I should change what I am watching. 

Anyway, I cannot wait for next week to binge on the last episodes of the show. I am rooting for some of these couples out there and really hope they make it. I am also excited for some of the drama that will enfold. I do hope they will have a reunion show where everyone will get the chance to truly say what is on their mind or heart. 

As far as I am concerned, you could not pay me enough to partake in such experiment. I need to see the person to be able to read them, to be able to determine if they are being honest or just bullshitting me. I could never get engaged to someone I just met let alone never seen. That is just me: I am a realist filled with sarcasm. But you already knew that about me.

If you watched the show, tell me what you think about it.  

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes