Feeling blue


Hello dear readers! How are you doing?


I am actually mad because Winter this year has not really been cold. I have not worn half of the sweaters I bought last year. And do not even get me started on the winter gear I bought this year like the red turtle neck bodysuit I can never manage to wear. The cold season is never that cold in Dakar anyway but we used to have températures that were low enough for me to wear a leather jacket. All this season brought was heavy dust that make breathing a Herculian task.

Still, I did manage to make the most out of this season by wearing my jackets and blazers. I also did wear two new coats on different occasions. Since I do not go out much, I usually wear all my clothes at work. Lately I have been favoring maxi open cardigans over coats and jackets. I always pair them with a light blouse and pants. But for today's look I went for my navy pencil skirt.


Scarf - Thrifted, Saturday Market
Cardigan - Uno
Top - Uniqlo
Pencil skirt - old, used to belong to my Mother
Shoes - bought from a friend
Bag - Thrifted, HLM market 



This pencil skirt belonged to my Mother.  She used to wear it when she was working. But the last time I saw her wear it, my baby bro was still a baby, and he is in his mid-thirties now. My Mother had kept the skirt all these years (yeah she is a hoarder). I found it in one of her suitcases, took it to the tailor for minor alterations and voila.


I enjoyed this look so much because it is effortless and comfortable. Mind you, I cannot take the stairs with ease with the skirt but I still enjoyed wearing it. I like the look because it is classy, feminine, modest, but also sexy. The skirt shows all my curves but it is not tight at all. 


I completed the look with my blue cutout sandals that I like so much but hardly wear. They are a bit of a pain but this time I managed to wear them until 3 PM before I changed into my navy ballerina flats. I added the tote bag in a different shade of blue, some golden accessories and I was set. 


Seeing how minimalist and beautiful this look was, I now realize that I need to dress more in one color, on tone items instead of prints. I love me some prints but it is kind of hard to build an entire outfit with printed clothes. Moreover, I always manage to wear at least 3 different colors when I dress up. Even with this look, if you play close attention to it, you will see that I am wearing 4 different shades of blue. It works in the end but I could have stick to just two colors such as navy and white. I guess that it will be the lesson for next time: how to wear only one or two colors per outfit?

So what do you think of my look?

Comments

Munas_J said…
Style inspiration. I am trying to dress more modestly for work. So this is a steal look. Keep posting 🤗

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes