Party Fools

Hello faithful readers!

I recently made the mistake of organizing yet another diner with my colleagues. I ended up having a great time but I was irritated at the beginning mainly because of my friends' behavior. It was not the first time I organised a diner. The first time was fun but was such a hassle to do that I had decided then and there that I would never do it again. But for some reasons I forgot.

You see, I love organizing, coordinating. I always kid that I would love to be a wedding planner because planning gives me so much joy. But try organizing a simple dinner for a bunch of highly opinionated, strong headed women. The diner I organized made me realize that there are several types of annoying people at parties that I would love to avoid.  And here there are:




Wrap around shirt - Gift
Wide leg high waisted pants - Numero Uno
Sandals - HLM market
Necklace - Gift 

The cheap one will always complain about how everything is expensive even though I already told her the price before hand. On top of that, she will order something small by saying she is not hungry at the same time picking on your plate when she knows you are nice enough not to say anything.

The unadventurous one who will not even try new food and complain that we would have been better off eating pizza. There are some people who will not try food that there are not used to. There are the types who will eat MacDonald burgers even when they travel half way around the world. So imagine taking them to a restaurant with food they do not know nothing about.

The hijacker will complain that we would have been better off at another restaurant that she fancies even though she had plenty of time to tell us about that said restaurant before hand when people were asking about venues. She is the type, once arriving at the venue, will keep on talking about her favorite place comparing it to the actual restaurant. She will definitely suggest that we go there next time.



The social media addict (that is me) will be on her phone the entire time instead of focusing on the conversation at hand and laughing out loud at something silly she read on Twitter. And let us not forget that she will take plenty of pictures of her plate, herself and the venue that she will later on post on Instagram with the hashtag #AboutLastNight.

The attention seeker will try to seek everyone's attention by monopolizing the conversation. And when she does not succeed, she will try to ruin everyone's dinner by threatening to leave and just do that only to hang at the restaurant's entrance door because her ride is still at the party.

The grouch will be unhappy all night for unknown reasons. She will either sulk in her corner, not talking to anyone or have only negative things to say. She might even cry at some point and everyone will rush to her side wondering what had happened. Needless to say that she will darken the mood.

The fashionably late will come one hour after everyone or really at the end of the diner, claiming that she has other parties to go to. She will stay less than 15 minutes before dashing out again.


There you have it. If you recognize yourself in one of those types, I suggest you check yourself. There are rules to follow at parties even with close friends. And one must think about everyone else first before trying to act selfishly. Because at the end of the day, it is pure selfishness that incites these party fools to act the way they do.

As for myself, I definitely checked myself. I know I am always late even at parties I organised. It is not pure selfishness. I just have a hard time choosing what to wear. Take last time, I have already picked a dress the night before. I ironed it and was ready to wear it, only to realize that it was too tight for comfort. Therefore I went rummaging in my closet for something else suitable to wear. That is why I ended up being late. To remedy, I tell people before hand that I will be late. It is always good also to call or send a message so that people waiting may not be offended. As for constantly being on social media, I try to just take pics of the event and put my phone away. Truly, the only time I check social media when out is when the conversation is boring, or people are saying things that are upsetting me and I be on my phone to avoid answering and making a scene. It is a defense mechanism.

The diner experience has taught me that however immaculate my organization skills might have been, I cannot please everyone. Someone will always have a problem with the venue, the food, the ambiance. Someone will always be a grouch, and someone will always complain. I do not have any control over what people do. What I have a control over is how I organize things, and how I communicate with people. I also have control over how I react to people's behavior. And I have decided then and there that they were not going to spoil my fun (even if they did a bit at first). I still managed to eat well, and have a few good laughs, bond and make memories. And that is what matters to me most.



On to the next!


Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes