Slurp! (Stretch pants)

Hi y'all!

What is up with you?

Me, nothing except I have found the best pair of jeans ever.

But let me start from the beginning. a month ago, on a Friday after work, a friend of mine dragged me to the Numero Uno shop in Alamadies. There, I found some nice bodysuits and was ready to buy them when that said friend dragged me out of the store stating that if she did not buy, I would not either. Little did she know that the following day- a Saturday- I went to a similar store (it is a chain) closer to my house to look for said bodysuits. Unfortunately they did not fit me and I proceeded to try on several other clothes. I found this wonderful pair of jeans I did not purchase because a colleague of mine promised to give me one. I went back home but could not stop thinking about those jeans. Come Monday, I rushed back to the store and finally purchased it.


Lace kimono - HLM market
Watermelon tank top - Uno
High waisted jeans - LAURIE brand but bought at Uno
Platform sandals -  Ouakam market
Bag - Uno

Let me tell you about these jeans. The fit me like a glove. I never had a pair of denim like these before. They are high waisted and come with an elastic waistband. They are in dark wash and boyfriend style. The only problem with the jeans is the lack of pockets but other than that, they are PERFECT. I wore them already three times the same week I bought them: twice for work, and once to take the kids for brunch. I really wish all of my pants fit me like these jeans.


Actually I have another pair of stretch pants from the same brand as the jeans. They are navy cropped pants. I purchased them at Numero Uno as well back in May during sale time. It was the best 3000 cfa ($6) I spent in a while. The pants fit me at the waist and I do not have to pull it up like my other pants. Plus it can be dressed down or up. And the best part is that there is no ironing required. I actually like the pants so much, I think I manage to wear them at least once a week for work.





Do not mind the Photobomber

I took the jeans out on Saturday to go eat brunch with the kids. We went to a little cafe not far from my house that my brother recommended ages ago, Simone cafe. The cafe is owned by Brazilians and they serve Brazilian delicacies. I like how simply decorated and charming the place is.  And there were lots of greeneries on the outside. We ordered a Simone cafe mix and some tuna sandwiches and drinks. The food arrived quickly. The Simone cafe mix was served on a tiered high tea tray that I love so much (I gotta get one for my house). It was a mix of sweet and savory things such as quiche, Empenadas, mousse and tart. It was very tasty. The tuna sandwich was great as well. The only problem I had was that the food was small. It is not a place one goes to when they are hungry but rather a place to unwind. The funniest thing was that we found out the owner was the father of one of my sons classmate. The father even called his son out and he got to play with mine for a little bit.
I think I will go back there in the future but with grown ups this time and only for desert.


The Simone Cafe mix and Tuna Sandwiches


The Sweet Ice Tea


The carved wooden box where they put the bill




This necklace was attached to a tank top but I removed it, added a clasp so I can use it as a normal necklace (genius, right?)

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes