Bachelorette Party

So, I attended my first bachelorette party the other day. A french colleague of mine was getting married back in France but she decided to have a little celebration with her Senegalese friends before she left. Her future sister in law organised the party for her, inquiring about what we would like to do. We finally settled for fun games, advice and Sabar. If you do not know, Sabar is a Senegalese party with drums and dancing. There are different types of dancing, from jumping around to the beat to twerking.

The theme of the party was supposed to be African or Senegalese attire. And here is what I wore


Lace dress - borrowed from my Mother
Wrap around skirt - borrowed from my Mother
Shoes - Sandaga market
Fan - Keur Mamie Charlotte
Necklace - bought from a friend
Bag - Fair in Pune 

I borrowed my outfit from my Mother. She was giving me hard time because she wanted to wear the same outfit the day after for a naming ceremony. The funny thing is I bought the fabrics of lace and Shantung (raw silk) a year ago at the market for myself but I ended up giving it to her because for some reasons I no longer fancy the colors. Now I want the entire outfit for myself because it is very comfortable, chic and simple.


For the first time in my life, I was early for the party. I was also overdressed. The Bride to be showed up with her tee and jeans while my friends wore nice but simple dresses. But she soon changed to a wrap around skirt because you cannot dance proper Sabar in jeans.


The Bride to be in her tee that says in French " Out of Stock! Already taken!"

 The drum players came and we danced like crazy, twerking and jumping around. I have not danced like that since 1998. In fact the only time I danced Sabar was back in high school; we would often have three days of festivities by the end of the school year and one of those days was dedicated to Sabar. I learned all my dance moves there. Today I was a bit rusty but it all came back. The thing is to just go with the flow and not care about the moves. I have to say that the ladies also knew how to shake. They were all different in nationalities, shape and size but all of them danced so beautifully. Women are really marvellous creatures.


We took some time out from the dancing to quiz the bride to be about her future husband. She succeeded in answering all the questions and as gifts she received some very sexy lingerie. Senegalese lingerie is very different from "normal" lingerie. It is usually a small wrap around skirt made of macrame, lace and cotton, very see through. And Senegalese women (married women mostly) like to wear them with lots of beads at the waist. For some reasons, Senegalese men enjoy that. Do not ask me why?!


After the quiz, we finally ate some Yassa, Senegalese style, which meant we all shared a big bowl sitting on the floor. We ended up the night listening to older women giving us tips on how to keep the flame going in the bedroom. We were given very interesting tips that I cannot share with y'all for modesty reason. You just have to attend a Senegalese style bachelorette party.


For more on what to wear at a bachelorette party please read here

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes