Seaside Brunch

Hello my dears!

It has been a minute. Happy New Year by the way.

I have been away, busy with daily life and feeling ininspired about this blog.


But a simple seaside brunch changed that.

I went to Chez Fatou which is a seaside restaurant with my Bff. That place has been on our bucket list since 2016 but back then, we lacked the fund to visit. Now that we are both in a better place (Praise the Lord!), we decided to give it a try. Truth be told I visited the place two weeks ago with my other Bff on visit from the US. And I had a great time with her then.

Today was no different. The restaurant was packed but we were seated under the shades at a table instead of plastic chairs on the sand like the last time. For those who do not know, Chez Fatou is a restaurant that is on the seaside of Dakar, next to Almadies area. It is very popular for brunch and is always packed with a young hip and international crowd.


Fake wrap around Dress and matching scarf - tailored made
Open knit cardigan - random shop in Ouakam
Bag - Petersen
Shoes - Fidak Fair
Jewelry - Sandaga market 

We ordered the All American breakfast with toast, eggs, ham, potatoes, pancakes, juice and coffee. Today the service was slow and my scrambled eggs did not look the part. My bff expected her pancakes to be bigger but she forgot that she is no longer in the US ( we were both used to the Denny's breakfast slam). Nevertheless we had a great time chatting about our love life or lack there of. It proves to show that it is not the place but great company that makes me happy.


All american breakfast at Chez Fatou






I bought these mules for my Mother on Christmas but I should have kept them for myself. By the way they are made in Senegal.


New Jewelry set!


My BFF and I! 


The View 
 

Natural pool



Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes