All dressed up to say goodbye to 2017!


2017 is coming to an end.

What a whilrwind this year has been! Everything I knew and valued has been shattered. Everything I ever wanted came true but with a huge price. Yet, I am hoping that it was for the best.


Scarf -taken from an Indian outfit
Velvet shirt - (so old) gift from my Dad
Pleated skirt -thrifted
Leggings - India
Shoes - Next
Bag - Fair in India
Ring - (so old) HM
Pearl necklace - DIY

For one, I grew tremendously this past year. I started doing adult things, some things I never thought I would do or ever want to do again. But so is life. I lost a lot but I gained a lot as well. I learned every single day about life in general, love, family, work ethics, myself. I am getting to know who I am and what I am capable of. I know I am strong, I am resilient. I also know I am older (found out two gray hairs this year) and not as pretty as I used to be. But that is alright. I now think that it is okay to be selfish, to put myself first, to love myself before anyone else. I know what I want and I know what I do not want. I also express myself without filters. I still struggle with doing what I want and truly listening to my instincts but that day will come surely.



I realised that having the support and the love of my family was everything to me. I could not have survived 2017 without them. Furthermore, I came to know that my family was not only limited to my parents and my siblings. In fact, people both from my father and my mother's side have been there for me in ways that I never imagined. And I could not believe my luck. On top of that, my older friends were amazing. always there to listen to me (and believe me I did complain a lot) uplift me or tell me the truth. I met some new ones along the way who make me laugh to tears and that is important too.

My world has shifted and grown bigger. It is not confined to the same boring routine. And that is fine by me. I have not reached "stability" yet but a change is always a positive thing.


Really 2017 was hard but it was a blessing in disguise. I have many things that I do pray and hope for 2018. But I will keep them for myself for now. Instead I will share with you what I pray for the world: I pray that this year brings more peace and less war (terrorism), more joy and less bickering, more health and less diseases, more environmental stability and less disasters, more richness and less poverty.



I cannot end this note without thanking you, you my READERS. Thank you for taking the time to read me no matter who you are and where you are from. I am blogging because I like it and I do not plan to do anything else with this platform anytime soon. But who knows right???





Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes