Brunch at the Pullman

A few weeks back, something unusual happened to me: I won! I played a game on the Instagram of Karelle, who is a very famous food blogger here in Senegal. And I won a voucher for a brunch for two at a very nice hotel in town: the Pullman Teranga Dakar.


I was surprised at first because I have never won anything in my life. And believe me I have tried my luck on many games. This time I was just playing without really hoping to win. I was so excited because, I have been wanting to go eat at the Pullman for quite some time now.

 I originally wanted to give the tickets to my parents for them to enjoy. But upon speaking with my baby brother, he told me that those tickets would be wasted on them since they are old and cannot eat that much (it was a buffet!). So I saved the idea to treat them for later and decided to take my kids and best friend instead. My baby bro and his fiance also joined us.

I have been to the Pullman for work before and I fell in love with the decor. The first thing I noticed was this vibrant picture of Omar Victor Diop - a Senegalese photograph I follow on Instagram- of a model wearing african print dress with the same print in different color in the background. That picture is so eye catching that I could spend hours just looking at it. Passed that picture, I also noticed the unusual furniture and the african touch on the decoration. The eating area was bustling to my surprise because that brunch is not cheap. We had to wait to be shown to a table because we did not make reservation. There was a young and hip crowd, all dressed casual and all on their smartphones. Finally we were shown to a round seating area outside with a beautiful view of the sea. The only problem was that the lack of air conditionning and the flies. But we did not let that rain on our parade.


Scarf - Sandaga market
Dress - (so old but never been worn before) HM
Pants - Thrifted
Shoes - Westside (India)
Earrings - HLM market
Necklace - gift from my Mother


My kids dove right in, chosing to eat all the sushis available. You have to understand that ever since we left Japan, they have not been able to enjoy their favorite food. I went for a healthy mix of salads (avocado, carrot, beet roots) with some seafood and sushis at first. It was very fresh and tasty. I was having a good time, eating, chatting with my family and taking all the sea view in.  At some point, I even met some aquaintance I have not seen in a very long time.

 
My first plate: Carrot, tomoao, cucumber salad with some marinated avocado and beetroot, some sushi rolls, chinese noodle salad and cocktail shrimp
I took four more plates after that!

 
My eldest only ate Sushis and sweets
 

 
Chicken and Beef barbecue skewers

We spent a good two hours eating before we went down to enjoy the pool. The kids were so impatient to go that they did not even finish their plates. The pool was packed as well. We were told that we needed to come earlier to reserve a seat. They were lot of foreigners on the grounds but also some local people. Everyone went inside the water that looked so refreshing on that hot day. As for myself, I decided to use the free wifi (they gave us password at the reception) to catch on social media. I was so stuffed and drowsy that I immediatly regretted not bringing a swimsuit. Truth be told I did not have one at hand. My brother and fiance also did not have any but that did not stop them from purchasing them nearby. I promised myself that next time I come, I will have to bring one.

 
The pool

 
One could also enjoy the beach

 
Lounging by the pool

Because there will be a next time for I had way too much fun and ate so well. I now understand why the place was packed amid the price tag. I need to indulge from time to time. I always limited myself to little pleasures. But once in a while, I think I can afford to go wild. I may not go to the Pullman every week or every month but I will try to go as often as I can, even if it is just to sit and enjoy a cup of tea for the place is really soothing.

 
Cake display
 
The view of Corniche from the Pullman.
Can you spot the Presidential Palace?

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes