African printed jacket

Hello dear Readers!

How did you ring in the New Year? Mine was spent with my family and best friend, eating a lot, arguing and laughing even more. Happy New Year by the way!

I am going to start this new Year with a banging post (if I do say so myself!!!).

My best friend gave me a jacket/coat made in Woodin print fabric or commonly known as African prints for my birthday. It is bright yellow with brown and cream circles. Truth be told, I would have never picked such a bright fabric for myself even if I love me some yellow. Therefore it was hard for me to see about styling it. But, during a phone call, my best friend gave me some ideas. And after brainstorming a bit, I found two ways to rock this jacket.

Casual



Scarf - old
Jacket - gift
Bodysuit - HM
Jeans - HM
Bag - Carrefour Dubai
Shoes - Zara
Beaded Necklace - Sandaga market






Dressy




Jacket - gift
Dress - made it
Clutch - Sandaga market
Shoes - Gossip
Ring -gift
Necklace worn as belt - old
Maang tikka ( that thing on my turban) - Chandra Nagar market










What do you think? Did I nail the styling on this jacket? 

But wait! There is more. My BFF made herself a matching coat. And here is what hers looks like:


Queen Marieme Faye in her Woodin coat


PS: We were supposed to be matching with our coats on New Year's eve but I went for a black jacket because the Yellow printed one did not match the pink shoes I wanted to wear. And what do you know, I did not even get to wear the shoes. (LOL)

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes