Neon Popping



Hello there! Can you believe that it is already February? 

During the last week of January, I had an occasion to eat lunch with a group of expats ( our husbands all work in the same company). Usually, depending on the location, the wives of expats from my husband's company form a group and meet up (I used to run the one in Japan). But in Pune, we are not official yet (as in we do not have a budget for our meetings). Nevertheless we decided to get together twice a month to catch up. For this lunch, I wanted to dress up yet I needed to stay comfy because I had to run back to school in time for picking up my kids.  
Anyway here is what I wore:


Scarf -  stolen from my Mother
Dress altered into a Tunic - H&M (altered by neighborhood tailor)
Tie Dye Jeans - Loot Bazaar
Shoes -  Sole to Soul
Bag -  Nice Claup


I had this dress since December 2012 and only wore it this December. When I bought it it fit me perfectly but after coming to India it became too tight. If I did not have the idea to put slits on the side like a Kurta (Indian Tunic),  I would have sold it.  I was about to do it myself but my neighborhood tailor did a better and faster job for just 40 Rps ($0.6).  Now, let us talk about these pants. They make me so happy.  I wanted tie dye jeans for a long time but the pair I saw at the mall was pricey. So I did not hesitate twice when I saw these pants at a discount store for 200 Rps ($3.2).  


Gold Zippered pockets on the Tunic

They were my size ( which is rare!) and the stains on the back did not hold me back. One quick wash took care of them.  Now If you are scared of white jeans like me,  I would suggest a tie dyed one as an alternative.  It was such a comfy yet chic outfit for this lunch which we had  in a new Italian joint in my neighborhood called Dezio. It was non-vegetarian so the prices were steep ( like every other Italian restaurant in Pune, veg or non-veg).


My new wedges from Sole to Soul (still on sale at M.G. road)





 The food was decent and the ambiance OK considering that our group of 10 and another group of 4 were the only customers.  The place is in the process of opening into a three floors restaurant with a terrace. By then maybe it will bloom.  I had a lovely time chatting with the ladies but I will reserve my judgement on the restaurant until I visit it another time.


Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes