Dandiya night

The kids and I went to their school's Dandiya night. Dandiya is another Indian festival ( more details here). I was very excited about going because I heard that there would be Garba, a dance with sticks. I fell in love with Garba after watching it in one of my favorite movie Bride and Prejudice. The dance was so beautifully choreographed that I wanted to see it live. 
Well, during the festival at the school, the children and the teachers performed and it was as good as I expected it to be. But the highlight of the night, was to see everybody in their Indian attire. As a fashion addict, it was a feast for the eyes to see all the bejeweled Ghagra, Sari, Anarkali, Choli and more. It was a kaleidoscope of mirrors, sequins, beads, lace, tulle, tassels, gold, silver, colors. Oh, it was overwhelmingly pretty! I just wanted to take a picture of everything, touch every fabric and drool over how it was made. It was pure fashion orgasm. Too bad my camera does not do well at night. I managed to snatch some pics I want to share but please overlook the poor quality.
As for myself, I went for an easy look.



Kimono - Forever 21
Bodysuit - H&M
Skirt - Thrifted
Necklace - probably Charming Charlie
Braided bracelet  - Gift
Anklet and Ring bracelet - accessory shop in Japan


Accessories

Dandiya sticks


I had this Indian inspired skirt that I wanted to pair with a sparkly top. But at the last minute, I dug a bodysuit and added a kimono. I knew that I wanted something that twirls in case I wanted to learn the Garba but I also knew that I did not have anything in my wardrobe that would match the Indian outfits I was about to see. So I went simple. But seriously, I think it is about time I find myself this little piece of Indian dress that is fabulously gorgeous. I am afraid of Saris since I am sure I would never be able to drape them but I am willing to invest in an Anarkali, Salwar or half Sari. But where to start?


For me this woman was the best dressed there. From the outfit to the accessories everything was just perfect.


Twirling skirts



My favorite Sari of the night. It was icy blue with beaded rhinestones. I need to get something similar before I leave this place.


Dancing girls


Embroidery

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes