Ngor - ladies who lunch

Hello hello!

I have a group of 4 friends, all former coworkers. Funnily, three of them are born in February. We tried to meet up to celebrate them. This year we decided to go to a restaurant that was located in Ngor island. Ngor island is a beautiful island 5 minutes away from the city by boat. It used to be a fisherman’s place but nowadays it has many restaurants and even hotels. It is a tourist’s favorite. 


Scarf - Gift
Shirtdress - Gift via Deenashop
Bag - Jolof cuir collection
Sandals - Soumbedioune market

The last time I was in Ngor was in 1998. I just passed my final exams and a schoolmate invited our entire class to spend the day at her uncle’s house on the island. We had a wonderful time. Ever since I got back in Dakar, it was a goal of mine to return to Ngor. But I never got the chance. I was thrilled when my girlfriends decided to go there for lunch. We were headed to la Maison d’Italie, which is a famous restaurant on the island. We took the restaurant’s boat right on the beach. The trip was short but the sea was tumultuous. My friends and I were screaming every time a wave would crash on the boat. I was scared but it was hilarious. We reached the restaurant. It was a on a deck. It was not very busy. We scored a table in front of the sea and proceeded to order. I had a seafood platter with French fries and plantains (extra). My friends order grilled Lotte and mocktails. Another girlfriend joined us later. She had a salad. We have a wonderful time eating and laughing out. The sea was beautiful to look at. And it was not very chilly. 









After our meal, we wanted to check this restaurant/hotel called la Maison du Bonheur. The place has a hanging bridge. Other than that it has a pool and beautiful decoration inspired by Bob Marley and music in general. We visited a bit and tried the bridge. I just went halfway because I was scared. But the place is beautiful. I wish I could stay there someday. 


The entrance at la Maison du Bonheur








Me trying the hanging bridge

After the visit we got back to the restaurant to catch the next boat to Dakar. It was getting late and most of us needed to return home. I had a wonderful time, and I can’t wait to return to the island with my boys when it gets warmer. I saw people bathing but frankly the water was super cold that day. 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes