A day to myself

 Hi y'all.

 I have been MIA all through this month. I had so many things to do, so many events to prepare for such as Eid el Adhaa, and a wedding all the while being super busy with work. 

Back in May, we had several public holidays. I had the opportunity to enjoy a long weekend with Pentecost. Usually in my country, when a public or religious holiday falls on sunday, the monday is also a public holiday. Furthermore, I had worked on a Saturday earlier in the month, so I decided to compensate by taking the Tuesday after the public holiday,off just to drag the very long weekend. 

A normal person would have planned something and left the city for a weekend gateway. The Jazz festival in Saint Louis was on top of my list. But I did not plan it weeks ahead and all the hotels were already booked. To top it all, my son was doing his final exams and I needed to be there for him. Therefore I had 4 days with no plans to travel. 

I did manage to make the best of it. On saturday, I had brunch with a groups of girlsfriends. We were supposed to be there at 12h30 and leave around 3PM the latest. Yet we were talking way past 5PM. It felt great to just sit around and discuss because some of us have not met in a decade. At night, my BFF asked me to join her at a restaurant/club to celebrate the birthday of another grilfriend. Nothing was really planned, we just dressed up and went. The club was packed and the music was good so we danced the night away. Sunday, I went to visit a former classmate who just had a baby. She lives far so I took the TER for the second time. Another friend who lives nearby joined us and it felt nice reminiscing our high school days. On Monday, I stayed home and in bed all day recuperating. 

Dresshirt and pants - Numero Uno
Bag - Finezza
Sandals - Soumbedioune market

Tuesday, which was the last day of my long weekend, I decided to go out and do something just for me, all by myself. After dropping the boys at school, I went to the Radisson Blu hotel. I love going to hotels but for some reason, I always forget about this particular one. Radisson Blu is located right at the Corniche, next to the Sea Plazza Mall. I have visited it several times for work, attending seminars and conferences, for fun events or just drinking cocktails with friends. Yet it is not a place I patronize on my own. 

I decided to go for the breakfast buffet. They have a restaurant called the Avenue located at the ground level, at the right of the infinity pool and with a view of the ocean. I paid 17.000 XOF and enjoy a wide array of food: broiled eggs, sausages, grilled veggies, salad, bread and cheese. I also drank a hot cocoa and some Bissap juice. The food tasted fresh and good. I went back for seconds, eating crepes and drinking a banana smoothie. Sadly, my stomach was filled and I could not enjoy more food. Then, it was time to go to the pool. 


First plate: broiled eggs, cheese, mushrooms, sausage, salad, sauteed vegetables


Second plate: crepes, more sausage and a banana smoothie

I went right next to the restaurant. Near the pool, they have a bar and pool chairs. I asked if I could get access to the pool and the staff told me that I needed to to the reception upstairs to pay for access. If you do not know the Radisson Blu hotel, you should understand that it is build on different levels. The reception at the entrance is at the street level. And everything else is on the lower level. I took the elevators back and finally paid for the access to the pool. I was given a plastic bracelet and a bill. I headed downstairs and lounged in one of the chair. The weather was nice, the sun was high in the sky, and the view to die for. There was some afrobeat music being played. The Nigerians have really invaded us with their music. I started to read a book my Bff gave me almost a year ago. It was such a pleasant moment. At some point I dozed off. I am not sure for how long but I was awaken by the lifeguards seating next to me having an aninmated conversation. 


Sunbathing


The pool

By that time, it was getting really hot. I went in the changing room located underneath the pool, to change into my Burqini. I took a dip in the water, which was still very cool depsite the hot weather. There were people lounging by the pool but not many swimming. I felt like I was alone enjoying the water. I swam a bit, floated a lot admiring the blue skies. I felt totally at peace. 


Changing rooms


Never not taking mirror selfies


My view

I returned to my lounge chair. But 1PM, there were many people around the pool area, some having lunch. I was still stuffed from the brunch I had so I did not order any food. I just sat and tried to read my book amid the distraction of attractive young men sitting right next to me. As a true timid person, I tried ignoring them, admiring them from time to time from  the corner of my eye. Once they left, I returned to the pool to take a final dip. I had to attend an event at another hotel later that night. Therefore I had to leave early. 

I left the Radisson at around 2PM, after changing again. Before returning home, I wanted to go to the Sea Plazza mall next door. The last time I was there, I was with my young niece and nephew, which meant that I did not have time to check the stores out. This time I looked around, checking the sales at Mango, and trying to buy a primer from Flormar among other things. One hour later, I was in a taxi on my way home. 

I am loving the new changing rooms in Mango. 
They are bigger and brighter.

I was invited by the Accor group to see their new offer. The event was held at the Novotel. I asked a friend of mine to accompagny me. The event was around the pool. I had to register to the Accor member benefit program, and I received a goodie bag with keychain, planner. I did not really do any networking, clinging to my girlfriend for dear life. However, I managed to talk with the Novotel staff, some with whom I worked closely with last year while organizing events for work. I also devoured the delicious food they had on display. I did see some nice prospects: handsome men in blue suits. Men in suits really do something to me. I think because I rarely see them for work, I am often taken aback at how elegant they can be. 

Taxi selfie

Lace cardigan - thrifted
Printed Jumpsuit - Nanawax
Bag -  Lifestyle (Dubai Mall)
Shoes - Mimi Cherry


I spent a wonderful day, just doing things for my own pleasure without having to think of anyone or anything else. I just wished the customer service at the Radisson was better. I really did not need to hear the lifeguards having an animated conversation right next to the lounge chairs, in hearing distance of the customers. I also did not like the fact that I had to go back all the way up to the reception just to buy a pool access. That is something that could have been done downstairs next to the pool. Nevertheless, it felt great and I cannot wait to do something similar in the future. Who knows? Maybe next time I will even try a massage. 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes